To provide the infrastructure and leadership necessary to reduce death and disability through coordinated efforts focused exclusively on the Emergency Healthcare System within Trauma Service Area L.
To be a model leader in Texas for meeting the needs of the entire Emergency Healthcare System. To provide coordination of acute medical services in mass casualty and disaster settings.
- Serve as the acute medical services liaison in the CTRAC County Emergency Operations Centers within the Central Texas Council of Governments (CTCOG) Region.
- Coordinate emergency and disaster preparedness and response activities between area hospitals and public health.
- Provide resources to the Office of Emergency Management regarding acute medical services..
- Participate in the Regional Medical Operations Center, if established, and/or the CTCOG Multi-Agency Coordination Center to coordinate disaster activities between area hospitals and pre-hospital providers
The purpose of this organization is to:
- Advance and improve the state of healthcare for the injured patient within the counties of Trauma Service Area L (Central Texas Regional Area).
- Decrease morbidity and/or mortality.
- Encourage activities designated to promote cooperation and resolve conflicts between member organizations.
- Improve funding of trauma care providers within the counties served by this council.
- Maintain an Emergency Healthcare System Plan for CTRAC which is based on standard guidelines for comprehensive system development.
- Improve public awareness of the methods of accessing the health care system and preventing injury.
- Coordinate responses to mass casualty and disaster events.